For many people, especially those with a natural ability to manage a process or work to a set of procedural guidelines, there may very well be no need to spend good money on securing the professional assistance of a Hong Kong immigration consultant.
Of course, if you prefer to instruct someone to just take care of it all for you, or you are happy to pay for the peace of mind knowing that your application is in a pair of expert hands, then that’s all good.
I am, after all, an Immigration Consultant myself and I truly understand the value that we add.
So, that all said, here follow five typical situations where you more than likely do not need to pay for any professional help with your Hong Kong visa application:
1. Where you have read through the Hong Kong Visa Handbook and our content on the Visa Geeza blog and it is manifestly evident that you have an approvable application situation in play.
2. Where you are especially adept at paperwork and can easily follow the guidance and directions contained in the information found on our Hong Kong visa websites.
3. Where you have plenty of time on your hands to understand what’s required for visa approval, can handle the process yourself down at Immigration Tower and are not afraid of the roller coaster experience of surprise calls from the Immigration Department and their sometimes inexplicable requests to resubmit documents which you have already supplied.
4. Where perhaps you have a background in professional services and are confident that you can handle the process yourself so long as you have access to the type of information and help found in the Hong Kong Visa Handbook as well as this Blog.
5. And, finally, where you’ve had the chance to speak to an Immigration Consultant first who has effectively confirmed for you that your case is, subject to following the correct application process, essentially approvable – just so long as you argue it properly.