Temporary Secondment

Hong Kong Visa & Immigration Topics

Your Questions Answered

How Do Lengthy Employment Secondments Away From Hong Kong Impact on Continuity of Ordinary Residence for a Right of Abode Application After 7 Years?

December 4th, 2013

Posted by / in Long Stay & PR, Your Question Answered / 2 responses

What do the Hong Kong Immigration Department make of lengthy, albeit temporary, secondments away from the HKSAR in pursuit of your employer’s business interests overseas? QUESTION Thank you for the Hong Kong Visa Handbook, which advises applicants for Right of Abode to be mindful of a 6 months plus absence from Hong Kong.  I would […]


Please select the social network you want to share this page with: